How to change recursion limit (file limit list) in pure-ftpd
By default, pure-ftp server has a limit on a number of files displayed through an ftp client. It is usualy 2000 or 7500, if you need more files displayed follow this quick tutorial.
Solution :- Just login to your Server with root user and do the following changes in your ftp configuration :-
1. Open the main ftp configuration file.
2. root@centos[~]# vi /etc/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.conf
3. Search or scroll till you see “LimitRecursion”
LimitRecursion 2000 8
2000 represents the number of files displayed and 8 number of subdirectories.
4. Change it to whatever you want for example:
LimitRecursion 75000 15
5. Just save the file after modification and restart the pureftp server with the following command :-
root@centos[~]# /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart
Now you can upload and view total 75000 files through ftp and 15 parallel subdirectories are allowed.
If you are running PURE FTPD on WHM & cPanel server, the location of the .conf file is:
If this change still has no effect, you can edit it here: